STATE INTEREST RATES AND USURY LIMITS:
• Legal Rate: 9% Or. Rev. Stat. § 82.010
• Corporate Rate: No set rate
• Age of Majority: 18
• Emancipation: 18 or upon marriage
DEBT RESPONSIBILITY: DOCTRINE OF NECESSARIES
• Neither spouse is liable for the debts of the other incurred before marriage. Expenses of the family and education of children is chargeable upon the husband and/or the wife and they may be sued together or separately. Spouses will be considered separated if they are living separately with no intention of reconciling their differences.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR CIVIL ACTIONS:
• Contracts: 6 years. Any action for a breach of contract for sale must be commenced within 4 years after the cause of action has accrued.
•Judgments: 10 years
This information is not to be construed as legal advice. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. Although we attempt to provide up-to-date information, laws and regulations often change. We make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of this document. For legal advice please contact an attorney.