HOURS ALLOWED TO CONTACT:
• No communication is legal between the hours of 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. in the patient’s time zone without prior consent of the patient.
STATE INTEREST RATES AND USURY LIMITS:
• Legal Rate: rate provided in § 55.03 Fla. Stat. Ann. § 687.01
• Contract Rate: 18% for loans less than $500,000 or 25% for loans more than $500,000
• Judgment Rate: Set annually by the Chief Financial Officer. Fla. Stat. Ann. § 55.03(1)
• CORPORATE RATE: No special rate
• Age of Majority: 18
• Emancipation: upon marriage. Fla. Stat. Ann. § 743.01
• Contracts: Contracts made are valid but voidable by the minor. Putnal v. Walker, 55. So. 844, 845 (Fla.1911)
DEBT RESPONSIBILITY: DOCTRINE OF NECESSARIES
• Neither spouse is liable for the debts incurred by the other spouse for necessaries. Connor v. Southwest Florida Reg’l Med. Ctr., Inc., 668 So.2d 175, 177 (Fla. 1995). The husband is not liable to pay the debts of the wife that incurred before marriage. Fla. Stat. Ann. § 708.05
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR CIVIL ACTIONS:
• Contracts: Oral, 4 years; Written, 5 years
•Judgments: Domestic, 20 years; Foreign or not of record, 5 years
This information is not to be construed as legal advice. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. Although we attempt to provide up-to-date information, laws and regulations often change. We make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of this document. For legal advice please contact an attorney.