STATE INTEREST RATES AND USURY LIMITS:
• Legal Rate: 12% from March 19th, 1980 through August 31st, 1983 AND at 6% from September 1st, 1983 forward.
• Contract Rate: Not to exceed 16%
• Judgment Rate: Rate equal to one percentage point above the bond equivalent yield published by the Secretary of the Treasury of the United States. Neb. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 45-103
• Age of Majority: 19
• Contracts: A person 18 years or more may enter into a binding contract and is here after held responsible. Generally, minors do not have the capacity to bind themselves to a contract but a minor is liable for the value of necessaries furnished to him.
DEBT RESPONSIBILITY: DOCTRINE OF NECESSARIES
• A women’s property at time of her marriage is hers and she is not liable for her husband’s debts. Neb Rev. Stat. Ann. § 42-201
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR CIVIL ACTIONS:
• Contracts: Not in writing, expressed or implied, 4 years; In writing or foreign judgment, 5 years
•Judgments: 5 years
This information is not to be construed as legal advice. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. Although we attempt to provide up-to-date information, laws and regulations often change. We make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of this document. For legal advice please contact an attorney.