STATE INTEREST RATES AND USURY LIMITS:
• Legal Rate: 12%
• Contract Rate: 12%
• Judgment Rate: Rate specified within the contract. Wash. Rev. Code Ann § 4.56.110
• Corporate Rate: No special rate
• Age of Majority: 18
• Emancipation: 18 or upon marriage of a person considered of “full age”
• Contracts: A minor is bound by contracts made unless he or she disaffirms them within a reasonable amount of time after the age of 18.
DEBT RESPONSIBILITY: DOCTRINE OF NECESSARIES
• The expenses of the family and education of all children are chargeable on the property of both spouses and they may be sued together or separately.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR CIVIL ACTIONS:
• Contracts: Oral, 3 years; Written, 6 years
•Judgments: 10 years
This information is not to be construed as legal advice. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. Although we attempt to provide up-to-date information, laws and regulations often change. We make no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of this document. For legal advice please contact an attorney.